- Answer: Yes, claims in the wilderness will be totally safe and cannot be raided at all. But some guild can always come, place their monument and remove that claim after 24 hours timeout. So private claims in the wilderness still somewhat vulnerable. We MIGHT reconsider it after a certain testing period and maybe we will make some kind of Judgment Hour for personal claims, but currently, I do not see a reason for that. Solo players should have some fun too. And personal claim is way, way, way smaller than even level 1 monument guild claim, so it should not be THAT much of an issue.
272. We all understand that solo players need fun and safety, yet we all were under the impression that safety will come only if the personal claim is outside the main city (protected area) or on the ground of some guild - the wildness won't be protected, only the decay will be off if it's even allowed. But you say that's not the case.
Life is feudal - you can't be safe. Even guilds can be sieged (destroyed) or at least raided (looted) - yet personal claims hidden in the forest will be immune to such damage? The fact that guilds can take over doesn't change anything as guild needs way more then 1 player to be able to claim land, it's unrealistic to "hunt" and loot personal claims by setting monuments...
But even if we forget for a minute that solo farmer can be perfectly protected inside his paid 25x10 personal claim (that's not small) such mechanic will be used = abused from guilds. After only 10 minutes brainstorming we came up with at least 2 scenarios where such protection mechanic can be abused.
1) Guild X is on server 1 and guild Y is on server 49. Both guilds are in war (they kill and raid each other) ... but that's a very very long way to go, nearly 1 hour even when riding a horse. So guild X decides to set up 5-6 personal claims on server 49 (1-2 minutes riding distance from the enemy claim), build a house fast during the night and set their PvP characters there (shared permissions). They can log in anytime they feel like with the PvP characters and raid guild Y that is just 1-2 minutes away instead of 1hour riding (and their main chars are on server 1 working in their claim), when killed just wait for the res sickness inside the perfectly protected house.
What is the counter to this - have 50-60 players leave guild Y, form 5-6 new guilds (as the minimum is 10 players) and erect 5-6 monuments around those personal claims to neutralize them? There is no other way to destroy those houses - even to simply open the door and kill the ones inside (even if you make JH for personal claims guild Y will have to wait for this JH?). If the enemy just created another guild with monument (for such foward outpost) you could have declared war, raided it and declare siege to destroy that monument. How do you deal with personal claims?
2) During a siege as attacker why would you set up tents to respawn into and guard the "siege camp" when you can simply set up few personal claims, build cheap houses fast and be fully protected while nothing inside the defender's claim is protected?
And those 2 examples are just for 10 minutes. You know the community is very creative and given that opportunity they will find very "unthinkable" ways to grief others abusing the full protection of personal claims. You should probably put more thought into the personal claim's protection concept, because guilds can be declared wars against (raided and destroyed). Similar mechanic should be possible against targeted personal claims unless they are outside the main city (protected area) or inside guild claim. Life is feudal
Otherwise that's simply very powerful tool for griefing.
273. What will be the options to wage war during wave 1? Some form of JH or the instanced battles and sieges should be ready soon?
- Answer: We plan for full potitcs system to be working, so you will be able to wage official wars and start official alliances/build kingdoms. Once you're in a war with a certain guild, we plan that some kind of JH will be available to raid each other claims. But that "JH" will be working only for members of guilds that are in war
274. Is it already decided if the instanced battles will happen in the specific time window (like EU prime time for EU server) or every guild will be able to set specific vulnerability window?
- Answer: Since at wave#2 we plan to set regional servers up, we want to make a certain time period in regional primetime, and guilds will be able to select a certain time for a battle from that range. For instance:
US server will have a range of 7p.m. PST - 11 p.m. PST. A certain guild will be able to issue a battle challenge and set desired time at 8 p.m. PST. Defending guild will be able to move it one-hour plus or minus. So the final time of battle will be 9 p.m.