MMO Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

En_Dotter

Re: Interactive FAQ

Post by En_Dotter » 31 Jan 2014, 19:32

Since there are a lot of questions i have no clue if this one has been asked or not.

314. Will fire arrows be able to set cloth armor on fire (aka burn damage over time to certain living targets)?

No. Fire arrows are going to deal a small amount of siege damage

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 02 Feb 2014, 21:53

315. What would prevent guild without any holding to declare war with whole server? They could operate from safe zone and be able to kill anyone at will.

Game mechanics will prevent that. Only countries and kingdoms can declare an official war.

316. Skill caps section of wiki mentions only combat and crafting skills. What about minor skills? I saw on some screenshot there is 3rd skill type cap. Error?
Minor skills are not capped. Well, technically there is same 600 cap for them, but since it is only 5 of them - it can not affect them in any way.

317. What would happen if I dig tunnel under a building or any other placed structure? I mean when you dig room 4x4 under building that takes 4x4 space.
Nothing. Game will prevent you to create a tunnel if ground above you will be less then 1 m.

318. What would prevent guilds to dig up tunnel beneath walls? If digging 1 meter of tunnel takes 30-60 seconds then digging a tunnel under a whole city would take couple of hours but can be done at night and by couple of people. Can you prevent it from happening by building castles on sand or at water level?
Dunno where those numbers about 30-60 seconds came from :Search: Building a tunnel will demand a bit more efforts. But yes, you can prevent that by building near water level castles or on sand.

319. How domestic can be moved? Same as horses (inventory statue)? If I breed Q10 and Q10 cows the resulting Q would be Gauss random generation (+-5 with most odds having 10). In short, how to increase Q of breed animals?

In short, by feeding them with good food and breeding them with a chance of a better child.

320. Piety skills is required to rise you alignment so it's a must have skill (you will loose it even when defending). Whats the difference between 0 and lvl 90 skill in term of gained alignment?

There is no. Only chance that your prayer will fail, aka it will takes you a bit longer to make your daily alignment prayer.

321. Is salvaging objects build in your claimed is giving part of materials back? Would at least leave you with something when you need to evacuate from certain area. Of course it may be long process.

Not finally decided yet. But even if we will make salvage of buildings, amount of those resources will not be big (10% or so, will see).

322. In indiegogogo page I saw you are able to claim land in Safe zone. Will it disallow me to place house in wildnes?
Nope, you will be able to claim your wilderness land still.

323. What If I'm bind to house that will be destroyed. Is there some starter bind location you can always bind to?
Central NPC city.

324. If i'm bind to my house can I bind to some other location if I'm allowed to by the owner? Other house, safe zone etc.
Yes, of course.

325. Coal (for smelting), Salt (for cooking), Amber (for jewelery). Any plans to introduce it? It was main resources obtained from mines back in the days.
Coal was not that abundant in early medieval ages. Mostly charcoal were created (and we have it in our recipes). No salt or amber ATM.
Skills and crafting information: lif-database-application-t1494

Build your first home for newbies guide: first-house-guide-to-new-players-t1432

Huzey-Wuzey

Post by Huzey-Wuzey » 07 Feb 2014, 12:13

Have searched and haven't seen any mention but sorry if I have missed this.

326. Is/will there be roads and/or paths that can be made giving movement bonus? More importantly for the use of barrows etc. so it will increase speed from mines to villages but a more obvious point for an ambush.

Yes there are roads. You can pave a road and it will provide a movement bonus to everyone on it including trading carts, wheelbarrows and horses

Ariel
Alpha Tester

Post by Ariel » 10 Feb 2014, 09:40

I think I may have overlooked something somewhere but I was hoping you could clarify something.

327. When it comes to the siege mechanic, will it depend upon players themselves to manually operate the siege and put them into place?
Yes, everything should be operated by players

328. Will the amount of damage different siege machines dish out be varied depending on what objects it is used on? Lets say I try to use a trebuchet on a door, will the amount be less than if I had used it on a wall? And would the ram dish more dps to the door than the treb?
It is not implemented yet, but ofc we will make a battering ram more rewarding then trebuchet, because you will have to tow it all the way under the walls. And ye, ramming walls with a ram is also sounds retarded so we will definitely do something with that.

Vallras
Alpha Tester

Post by Vallras » 10 Feb 2014, 10:04

(Sorry if this is already answered)

329. Will tunnels/mines decay over time? And if so, what till happen to the items inside if the walls/roof collapse?
It was answered ;) Anyway.
Tunnels will decay over time. You will need to build supporting columns/timber. If a tunnel had decayed all items inside will be destroyed and lost.

Ariel
Alpha Tester

Post by Ariel » 10 Feb 2014, 13:20

330. Will ladders be included as part of the siege weaponry?
Yes, sometime later

331. Will there be defensive fortifications added to castles to increase the difficulty of being invaded? Things like burning oil being placed above the doors to be poured onto battering rams and such like that?
might be, yet again, sometime later.

Axel

Post by Axel » 11 Feb 2014, 18:38

I searched and found that two of my questions were answered, but here's two I didn't see covered.

332: Housing/Architecture/Structural Design

I notice current structures appear to be standardized size and shape. Perhaps allowing more degrees of freedom than the standard four walls and a roof.
Alternatively, being able to build a standardized house and then attach modular prefab rooms could help break up the same-ness.

Is there any plan to flesh out structural design?

Absolutely yes, but way further into beta or release stages.

333: Modding/Modded Servers.

I understand this might cut into the profit model drawn out already, but quite a few games, albeit free to play, are beginning to embrace community created content. I think some effort could be made to allow user created content to face a review process and later be incorporated, or allowing third parties to host modified servers. Charging an annual or monthly licensing fee to third party servers could cover any losses and maintain the cash flow required for the game to remain profitable. This would likely also require some sort of disclaimer to clients that modified servers are not regulated officially and the quality of the player's experience is of no guarantee.

What I'm trying to ask is if mod support is at all a part of the foreseeable future? If not, does it seem any future considerations might be made on the topic?

Well, since one of our main inspiration is UO and its shards system, that gave way to thousands of interesting shards, we always consider such opportunity. If that gonna be 3rd party servers, or if we might create our own server instances with a lot of tweakable settings, that can be rented by players. We do not know yet. It is all possible, but that won't be soon for sure.

Tidurian

Post by Tidurian » 12 Feb 2014, 01:03

334. I hope I didnt miss this anywhere in any discussions, but you say you have hunting but no pve. does this mean no wild animals that you have to fend off?
Well, there will be wolves and bears and agressive boars. You can call it PvE or hunting - it is up to you. But we will definitely have no PvE in it's classical meaning, like grinding hoards of different sized and shaped mobs non stop

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 13 Feb 2014, 00:55

335. Item duping and gold farmers have destroyed a lot of in-game economies in various games. How do you plan to combat this issue?

Fix item duping if we'll have any. It won't be THAT easy to farm gold, since you can not macro/bot PvE mobs. I doubt it will be possible to establish a steady flow of ingame currency, since at any time your city can be in a war and sieged and raided and so on.

336. There are sometimes issues of GM corruption in games where GMs will help their friends by giving them resources or items. Probably too early to say, but how do you plan to combat this issue if it arises in this game?

We will have a GM logs and actually I don't see a reason to give GMs any power to create something in game. + occasional check of their activity.

337. Will you allow players to multi-client on different characters on the same computer?

Probably yes. There can always be someone with PC and a notebook and you can never detect that it is the same actual person playing on them :) So why should we limit those with only one PC? :)
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Prion
Alpha Tester

Post by Prion » 13 Feb 2014, 12:05

Will death have any effect on your realm/kingdom position?
e.g. you are a king, and you die in battle. when you come back to life are you still king?
Death will not effect on such things as titles and so on. You will still be a king.

on that note:
Will there be any kind of secession of realms from kingdoms (violent or no) or violent actions you can undertake to advance your position in a realm/kingdom (like killing or removing the king somehow, so that you can be come king)?
Nothing like that will be possible.

edit- another one:
When two realms are at war, in order to raid (for example grabbing stuff from a chest in enemy territory) do you need to do anything specific to declare it, like is planned for field battles, or can you just sneak in at any time as long as no one stops you and grab what you like?
If 2 realms are in a state of official war - they can raid each other Realm claimed lands (http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Claim) freely without any special declarations.

DoomBringer

Post by DoomBringer » 14 Feb 2014, 01:39

341:Will I be able to build a castle on the island surrounded by water?

Yes

342:Can I dig an underwater cave and make some air pockets?
Nope. As soon as you start floating - you won't be able to dig anything.

343:Will I be able to create a moat around my castle?
Yes, you will

344:Do you plan to revise negative alignment punishments?
From what I see it's pretty easy to play as a good guy
and almost impossible if you ever to become a criminal ( the part of point of no return if you get more than -50 alignment and a huge stat loss upon death I found ridiculous).
We might revise them, but it is not intended that criminal gameplay must be easy!

Nosfirebird

Post by Nosfirebird » 14 Feb 2014, 07:20

345. if we donate more then 50€ are ppl still getting spots in all alpha/beta stages of the game?
Don't get that question. Anyway, donations are voluntary. Alpha spots are limited and we give them only to the most dedicated.

Sting5

Post by Sting5 » 14 Feb 2014, 09:27

346. Sorry if repeating but I didn't find what is the logical explanation for skills progression (unlocking skills) anywhere. For example if I want to master Bows, I need to progress like this:

Throwing weaponry --> Leather armors --> Crossbows mastery --> Bows mastery

Does this mean I have to have all pre-requisites to start mastering bow? Will there be a minimum lvl cap to unlock further skills (not 0-30-60-90-100 tiers)? Why the leather armor is forcibly associated with projectile weaponry?

Minimum level that is needed to unlock next skill is 30. BUT that will allow you to level it up only up to 29.9. If you want to fully unlock one skill, you must level its prerequisite skill up to 60. Well, our logic behind ALL combat skills its their "tiers" :
Basic weapon mastery -->
Armor mastery -->
Advanced weaponry -->
Weapons/powers against same "class" (shooter vs shooter, 2hander vs 2hander etc) -->
Weapons powers against "killer class"

For instance 2H warriors will be quite vulnerable to archers, since they can kite them and 2H warriors does not have a shield to cover them. So "War cries" skill will allow them to scare archers, that will result in some trembling hands and inability to shoot properly for some period of time. That is in a few words, but that's a long and complex topic to discuss it in such QA manner :)

Thanks for explanation. But this brings a little problem with the skillcap - I will have to waste my skillpoints on skills I don't need - for example I wish to be a hunstman with a bow, and to achieve that I need to loose my skillpoints on leather armor, throwing mastery, crossbows etc. Wouldn't that limit our potency a lot?
Last edited by Sting5 on 14 Feb 2014, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
QUAERO TOTUS

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 14 Feb 2014, 14:18

347. Will there be alternative government where a few players can vote on actions instead of having a king?
You tell me :) We will never enforce any guild structures and organization.
So it is up to you, what type of government you will settle in your guild or your Kingdom (alliance).
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Nosfirebird

Post by Nosfirebird » 14 Feb 2014, 16:14

the 345 question was about the post you placed saying
Send your lunch money to us. 8-) We can promise that everyone who have donated more then 50€ will have access to all stages of Alpha and Beta tests and will receive some refund in premium in game currency on later stages of tests and release!

was just wondering if this is still valid :Yahoo!:
It is valid still

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 14 Feb 2014, 16:50

349. In response to 347, I thought 1 player will be "king" and can disband other player's claims? How does a guild "remove" a king once one is in place. Does there have to even be a king in the game mechanics?
There are no legitimate gameplay mechanisms to remove a king/Lord from his position in your guild. He can do it only by himself or you can leave his guild. Sorry, Life IS Feudal ;)
—Ishamael

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 16 Feb 2014, 21:36

350. 4 AM city raiding/sieging.

As we know there will be one server at launch where both EU and US based people will be playing. Is there any mechanics preventing 4AM sieges for Europeans? Window of opportunity or something like that.

Window of opportunity.

Olloch
Alpha Tester

Post by Olloch » 17 Feb 2014, 03:45

351. Building off question 334 in regards to PVE and grinding. Would it be safe to assume that since practice weaponry is in the game and there are no mobs to grind combat skills on, that our combat skill training will come from sparing with friends/guildmates?
Yup, you can raise initial skills via sparing. And we hope to make our instansed battle system to be available as random arenas battlegrounds. So you will be able to join a queue and then will be randomly dropped into a meaningless battle with other players just for fun and for skills raise.
Last edited by Olloch on 17 Feb 2014, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.
May my enemies live long so they can see me progress.

Drakes821
Alpha Tester

Post by Drakes821 » 17 Feb 2014, 04:02

352) What is the purpose behind the recall option? All it does is make the world a smaller place and it decreases the amount of time people spend exploring/traveling leading to less player interaction/pvp. It literally cuts all journey's away from home by 50%!

I can't see how in a game that is based around player interaction and risk/reward mechanics a recall option is a good idea.

You still have to go somewhere. We believe that having a recall is a golden middle between no fast travels at all and with numerous portals, summons and other ways of teleporting around the world.

353) This question reffers to this quote
"Point is, that you will have both options to fight large scale battles:
1) Siege - classic siege actions, where everyone can come, where marching armies can be ambushed, where random looters will scavenge, where is no limitations or ways to count attackers/defenders so you can brag about that on boards and so on.
2) Battle - instanced large scale "deathmatch". Amount of participants is known, no way to outnumber 1:10 (we will implement some kind of limitation or handicap for outnumbering of opponent), no rats, thrid parties and surprizes. It's kinda like challenging match, rather then normal siege, but with some tweaks closer to MMORPG reality."

Could you clear this up a little? So can a territory battle be fought with both systems? And who gets to decide what system to use, the attackers or defenders?
Battles will be thought only to degrade level of someones monument that will result in a shrinking of guild's claimed lands around it. Lvl1 monument can not be degraded anymore, so it have to be destroyed during the siege.

354) How will a player open his house door? Are you doing a key system where you have a key to your house and it can be looted and your house robbed? Or will it be more of an automated ownership system where the door just automatically opens for the owner?

Automated ownership system. You can give accesss to your friends to use any objects on your claim and the houses doors also. That is how it is gonna work.

Thanks for your time.

Nosfirebird

Post by Nosfirebird » 17 Feb 2014, 19:58

355. what do you estimate the length of time the closed alpha will be? (until it turns to open alpha)

Few months. Hope 2-3 should be enough for it.

356. have you guys came up with a price per character yet?

Nothing final, but those price that have been voted for in that topic: important-poll-t632/ seems to be pretty reasonable for like 51%. Don't see any reasons to change them much.

357. will there be a hashed password that you are able to give other people that would allow them to log into a crafting alt?(like wurm online hashes)

Nope, we don't plan that. You can generate guest link for others to play a minigames instead of you, but nothing more.

thanks for answering everyone's questions!

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 18 Feb 2014, 15:19

Since there will be no PvE and gear will have it's durability lowered only in PvP what will you do to prevent over surplus of gear in game?

Full loot :D

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 19 Feb 2014, 23:43

359. Concerning the question # 342:

342:Can I dig an underwater cave and make some air pockets?
Nope. As soon as you start floating - you won't be able to dig anything.

I'm sure we will easily be able to test this in the alpha, but what if we dug a cave system on the shore that's separated by 1 cell from the actual water. When we're done with the cave we then dig the cell away separating the cave from the water... will the cave fill with water?

It has been answered quite a lot of times. We have no hydradynamics. All water is on the SAME level EVERYWHERE. So when you dig some tunnel to the 0 altitude - you will see a water in it, no matter how far or how close to the shore you are.
—Ishamael

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 20 Feb 2014, 06:09

360) Is regarding the Witness/Trespassing System and getting clarification of use.

Exactly how does this Witness System or Trespassing Ability work?
Can anyone just simply shout "A trespasser!" and flag someone as Criminal and Attack them without an Alignment penalty anywhere in the game?

I read this today and started searching

permanent-death-as-game-difficulty-t760/page20/#p7774
Besides, we Do have a whitness system. You can mark criminal and attack any person who is trespassing, even not on your claim, otherwise he will stay blue if noone shouts "A trespasser!"

I also found this on the wiki talking about an ability if someone is on a claim.
Trespassing - 1 Trespassing on someone's personal claim and being marked by the Trespasser ability

Found just a tad more here...

important-poll-t632/page70/?hilit=trespassing#p6070
soon released an article which explains the "trespassing."

the article is written in Italian, so I write here in English what bpbol has wrote in PM:

1) Trespasser! - you can target someone on a land, where he has no passing rights (your personal lands, your friends personal lands and so on). Thus a marked person will be a trespasser and become a criminal = can be attacked.
2) Trespassers! - Everyone in a 20m radius will be marked as a trespasser (ofc if they has no passing rights here).

if your friends are using this skill, you can kill without worrying about alignment, as you'll see all the gray people.

Well, last article explains it all. You can have a passage rights on your personal claim and your guild's claim can also have those passage rights. Those who violate those passage rights by trespassing are ok, until you mark them individually as a trespasser or until you shout "trespassers" and mark EVERYONE who IS violating around you in AoE. So, everyone can trespass and that will incur no penalties of any kind UNTIL they are noticed by claim owners and are marked.

Ah... ok got it thank you

Added » 23 Feb 2014, 08:16

361-368: About Trader Buildings created by Players.

hmmmm.....Ok so you will be injecting gold to the players through Trader buildings....Sounds Familiar....

The Central Main City is no longer really needed after they build one of these Trader Buildings...I don't know if this is a good thing I guess it depends on how you implement these Traders.

IF these Traders must be placed in non owned land that might be interesting.

Main source of in game money will be server driven NPCs (trading posts rather) that will buy out goods from players. Since we plan to make a trading post to be available to players as a building, we might automatically insert server presence into every trading post. So you will be able to sell your goods to server locally (with some daily limitation ofc). That should make a local region inflow of currency without necessity to fetch all your goods to the central city.

361) Are these Trader buildings Limited in how many you can build?

Nope, no limits. But they will be expensive to build and having more then one will not give any advantage.

362) Are they limited in the amount of coin each one of these gives?

We will make that limit by the area. E.g. there will be 100 gold coins limit per day for a 1*1km land. And no matter if there is 10 or only 1 trading posts.

363) If so is this coin on a first come first serve basis?

Yup.

364) Are these Trader Buildings Open to all players like the Main Central City??

These buildings can be built anywhere. And if they will be built on a guild or personal claim - claim owner might be able to set up the rights. Maybe one guild will have a trading post with access rights to only their members for interguild trading and will build another post outside of the city walls that will be available to everyone.

365) Will the coin being given out by Trader Buildings effect whether or not the Main Central City has coin as well?

Nope, only by area. But we will see how it work out and I might adjust gold emission rates.

366) Can these Trader Buildings be locked up for personal use?

Answered above. Claim owner can set up whatever rights he wishes.

367) Can Players Destroy these Trader buildings?
Yes. But if it is on the claim - you will need to remove a claim or be in official state of war. And if that post in a town claim area, then you must even declare a siege for that.

368) If the Trader Building sells items are they going to cost more than the Central City?

Not decided yet if trading posts will be selling those goods they have just bought from players or just "destroy" them. Anyway, main idea of trading posts is a provision of suitable player to player trading. The fact that server takes his part in it is only just to provide an emission of gold into game to minimize the barter.

369) Will they give less coins for items sold to them than the Main City?

Nope, prices will be equal if you're talking about prices. If you're talking about amount of emission through those trading posts - Main City will have more gold available.

370) How often will the coin be distributed?

Once a real life day.

Ok thanks again!! ;)

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 23 Feb 2014, 23:41

371. According to 370 reply then if I haven't be logged in at certain time in day then I have no chance of getting coins? (Some people have job :P) Maybe progressive coins generation would be better solution. The best one would be random generated with peaks at population peaks. Is this set in stone?

Nope it is not set in stone and even not implemented yet. I see your point, I think we will make it with some kind of generation during whole day.

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 24 Feb 2014, 08:16

372-373: Yielding status and awakening.

I understand there is a Yield option available to players if they are going to die and want to yield to another player instead of losing skill.

When yielding they can be knocked out and looted by the other player and the looting player will only take a -3 alignment loss. If the player kills a yielding knocked out player he receives a higher alignment loss than normal of -15 instead of -10

Here's where my Questions come.

372) Once a player yields to another player does the yielding status continue after they wake up until they cancel it?

Yielding will cease its status as soon as surrendering person is knocked out, killed or has canceled that status. And these changes are no instant, so you can't yield in a last millisecond before death to give more penalty to your murderer nor you can instantly cancel that state.

373) Once a player has yielded will hitting them after the player wakes up count again as an assault alignment penalty of -2?

It depends on if you're still a criminal because of an assault. We deduct alignment only twice for the same criminal act and do not deduct it for a some time until a certain timer runs off. So if you're fighting someone you're trying to kill - you won't lose alignment with every hit.

Thank you very much! :good:

Sting5

Post by Sting5 » 25 Feb 2014, 06:00

374. Will we be able to change the place of our personal claims? For example I run out of resources or find my place not fit for me, can I remove the claim on that land and go claim other spot on the map? I couldn't find any info considering this.

Yes, you can do that at any time. It will take 1 real life day to completely destroy your personal claim (no matter if that destruction was ordered by you or by lord of the guild claim your personal claim at). After that real life day you will be able to make your personal claim again anywhere you want.

Thanks!
QUAERO TOTUS

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 26 Feb 2014, 01:26

375. Can I pile dirt against a city wall built on sand and make a ramp over the wall since I can't dig under the wall?

You can try, but I doubt that will help you. Every substance in our game have a "flowability" property. So a hill made with dirt will not be that steep and its top will be quite far from the wall top. Maybe you will be able to jump over with a horse :Search: - never ever tried that :pardon: :)
—Ishamael

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 28 Feb 2014, 17:43

376. I was wondering if you plan to include a free-look-button. Mount&Blade has it so as long as you press it the camera can rotate freely around your character while you're standing still.
But I would prefer it like in ArmA: you can look freely, but only in a limited angle plus your head will turn around accordingly. So everybody would see where you're looking at.

Is something like that planned?

It is already implemented. Head will not turn though.

377. As for the instanced scheduled battles:
Are you required to go to the battlefield before the instanced battle begins or will you be teleported no matter where you are on the world map?
I would prefer having to go there beforehand.

Well, for battles you will be teleported. But for the siege system we plan it to be classic, so there you will have to go by yourself, you can be ambushed before all of you had rallied and so on and so on...

Ilegibally
Alpha Tester

Post by Ilegibally » 01 Mar 2014, 04:05

378. Is the alpha world going to be seperate from the release one or will we be able to lay claim to land in Alpha and use it throughout the whole of the game?

Of course Alpha will be separate and there will be wipes between major testing stages.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 01 Mar 2014, 09:36

379. Will full loot be disabled in instanced battles? I fear that looting and fear of being looted will distract players from combat.
It will be disabled in a battleground random matchmaking. But in guild battles it will be turned on. And you fear it right :D There will be combat looting and a lot of edramas about someone dying from wounds or enemies just 2 meters away from his teammate who is busy with looting someone. That is another measure of quality of a guild - if their members are practicing combat loot or not ;)

Return to General Discussion